Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Race Results on the Weekend

I am a little behind in some updates on athletes but here it goes:

Angus Cowan ran the half marathon in part of his preparation toward Chicago Marathon. He posted a time of 1:27:27 and placed second in his age category 40-44.

Mike Chui ran a personal best in 41:22 which is close to a 2 minute PB. Mike said he was tired after. I know he has more in him.

I ran the 10k at well. Posting a time of 43:08. This was a test race for me and I am happy to say that I ran with the least amount of pain I have had. So I think I am mending well. However, I did think I was a lot fitter. My training has been going well for the last four weeks with my interval times slowly coming down. Hopefully, the clock will begin to show faster times. I definitely feel I have a sub-40 in me and know that I still have a fast 10km in me. I just need to have some consistent training in me.

Bart Ujack who has been training with Critical Speed did the Great White North Half Ironman and posted a time of 4:30:39. Bart was fourth overall in his age group. I am happy to have Bart returning to be coached by me and also helping him with the Kronos club. It will be an exciting next couple of years.

Also, nice racing by Speed Theory teammates Kyle Marcotte and Trevor Williams at Great White North as they were one, two with amazingly fast times.

No comments: